Friday 30 November 2012

Ross send me back 500 years...Technology UGH!!

     My nephew, Ross, posted  today on Facebook asking the question, "if you went back 500 years what knowledge or technology could you provide"?

     Bless his heart, Ross thinking of the best mankind might be able to contribute, what a guy.  Me...now if I went back 500 years I'd find the sperm donor that was he who started the chain of events that would lead to the birth of computing!


     Sounds a bit daft, I know when I am using a computer to actually do the blog that I wish hadn't been invented!  But after a week of DNS, USB, URL, PDQ, LBW, UPURS, I can say I truly despise computer technology, and all their horrible acronyms.   Why can't you just tell me the cable thingy with the double heads, plug them in and make sure the switch is down.  It's not that hard, but boy do you lot enjoy making it sound complicated.


     When one is told -
"The domain and the package typed and numbers are displayed select the option to begin transfer if there are no included domains left for the receiving package there will be a charge associated with the transfer please reference "What is an included domain" for more information. The charge is the same as the domain registration fee please reference the "website for domains" for the fee associated with this type of domain name then click ok to transfer but the transfer will not take place for another 24 hours please check the "website for domains" for reassurance of transfer then check "the website has changed the domain"


     WHAT?????

     Please give me something that simply says "PRESS THE BUTTON MAX!!"


      But the WORST of all has to be the magical "link".  That nasty little git in the corner, that if you don't "link" the right way, your amazing website, which has taken five trillion hours of time to build up and it still only has your name, (of course with private address) your photo and a couple of pages you have managed to understand can be added.....but the "link" doesn't direct anyone to your website, NO, NO NO! Because you forgot to input a + or a { or a # or even a < so anyone wanting to see your abysmal attempts are redirected to.....Kazakhstan!  I tell you that advert with those wee ferrets isn't far out.

     So, Ross, send me back 500 years and I'll write you a letter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment